Listen to audio descriptions of select artworks in the exhibition On Earth below or when visiting QUT Art Museum via the Near Field Communication (NFC) labels to the left of the artworks with your own device. Audio descriptions are marked with a tactile indicator, locatable when shorelining with a cane.
Audio descriptions are vivid verbal descriptions that make visual information accessible for people who are blind or have low vision and also offer a new perspective for everyone.
How to use NFC tags on your own device (Word document 15KB)
- Robert Andrew, A Connective Reveal – Country
- Dean Cross, This Placed (almost but not quite)
- Kinly Grey, I can’t wait for this feeling again
- Jillian Namatjira, Petermann Ranges, Central Australia
- Yasmin Smith, Bundle of Ntaria branches 10
Audio descriptions produced by QUT Art Museum in consultation with Sarah Boulton, Mark Muscat, from Digital Access Solutions and Assistive Technology PTY LTD and Dr Janice Rieger. Read and written by Sarah Barron.